The boreal forest at its best!
Take the time to pause your life with a Forest Latte
This comforting drink of Labrador tea made with the Aronia & Alder infusion will bring you sweetness and take you back in your memories of the forest. Designed with boreal plants, the Forest Latte is a way to savour the ingredients from here with a new perspective: enhancing our wealth. Aronia is a perfect example of it, this purplish berry with antioxidant properties is still very little known, but full of benefits. It grows well in Quebec due to the cold climate. Its slightly astringent taste mixes well with the goldenrod and more particularly with fenugreek, which is famous for its maple aromas. It is a real wonder for the taste buds to discover!
TO HAVE ON HAND
500 ml of 2% milk or almond milk
Labrador tea infusion Aronia & Alder
A small saucepan
A fine sieve or a stainless brewer with a wide opening
Your favourite mugs!
*Gives 2 portions (500 ml)
1. In a small saucepan, stir in 500 ml of the milk of your choice as well as 4 teaspoons of the Aronia & Alder mixture.
2. Mix well with a spoon or a whisk.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to minimum while stirring for 3 minutes.
4. Using a sieve or infuser with a wide opening, strain the mixture by pouring into the cups.
5. Stir in 2 teaspoons of amber maple syrup if desired.
Enjoy your Forest Latte!
Life is full of small pleasures to live and it is often in the simplicity of things that we experience happiness. Fortunately, nature in Quebec is lush and knows how to provide us with good ingredients. To you to discover them..!
To obtain the Aronia & Alder mixture click here.